This poem is for my father,
whom I love very much
and who teaches me new stuff every day
From the first time you saw my little pink face,
And heard my screeching wail,
You’ve been by my side,
Helping,
Teaching,
Correcting.
You held my hand
When I took my first step,
You listened closely
When I spoke my first word.
You had your camera ready
At my first ballet show,
You cheered the loudest
At my first baseball game.
Now when you see my zit covered face,
And even when I complain,
I know you’re still by my side,
Helping,
Teaching,
Correcting.
You still help me up
When I trip and fall,
And you’re there to listen
When I need to talk.
You still take your camera
To immortalize my special events,
And you still cheer the loudest
For my accomplishments.
I’m sure when you see my first child’s pink face,
And hear her screeching wail,
You’ll be there,
Helping,
Teaching,
Spoiling,
Just like a grandfather should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment